Freegal Music gives you access to millions of songs from over 10,000 labels including the Sony Music catalog of your country!
You can download FIVE free songs a week! All you need is your library card!
Acccess Freegal with the free mobile app, or go to Davenport Public Library's website -> Quick Links -> eBooks and More
Freegal Music is available as a mobile app, or you can use it on your computer through your web browser.
- iOS (iPhone, iPod Touch, etc) - Download the Freegal app from the Apple App store.
- Android - The Freegal app is avilable in the Google Play store. The app is not compatibile on all Android devices.
- Kindle Fire - Download the Freegal app from the Amazon Store. It is compatibile with 3rd generation Fires and up.
More help avilable at: https://davenportlibrary.freegalmusic.com/questions
Using Freegal on your Computer
When you've found a song you want, click on the "Download" link next to your chosen song. At the prompt, select Save and choose where you want to save the song. If you're not presented with a prompt, try right clicking the link and choosing the option to save the link (i.e. Save Target As, Save Link As, or Download Linked File, etc.). This will let you choose where to save your song.
Note: Anytime you click on the "Download" link, even if you decide to cancel or play it, the download will count towards your weekly allotment.
When downloading a file in Windows, you are typically given the option to “Open” or “Save” the file. Select “Save” for the mp3 downloads, then once it’s downloaded you can click “Open”. If the downloaded song does not open directly into Windows Media Player, simply launch Windows Media Player then click and drag the song into the Windows Media Player window or simply Select: File - Import File. To select multiple songs Select: File - Import Folder. Select the file(s) you wish to add then click OK. The song will now appear in your Windows Media Player library.
Each computer system is different. You can use iTunes, Windows Media Player or a third party software. Simply follow the instructions found in the software for burning your CD.
Download Freegal files to your computer by doing the following:
- Press “download now” on the song you desire (if you've previously downloaded the song into the iOS app, you can re-download the song to your computer by using the "My Downloads" link)
- Windows users:
- Press “save”
- Direct your download to Desktop
- Mac users: you'll simply see the songs appear in the Downloads folder.
- Next import the file into Itunes using one of the following two methods
- Open iTunes then drag the file from where you downloaded it to the open application - or -
- Drag the files using Finder on the Mac or Explorer in Windows to the iTunes / iTunes Media / Automatically Add to iTunes folder in your login directory's Music folder.
- Sync your device using one of the following methods:
More help is avilable at: https://davenportlibrary.freegalmusic.com/questions