Links to our available resources on Bix Beiderbecke and the Bix Beiderbecke Memorial Jazz Festival.
Last Updated: Dec 14, 2015
321 N Main Street
Davenport, IA 52801-1490
Tue - Sat: 9am-5:30pm
Sundays and Holidays: CLOSED
- Great Iowa Traditions: Bix 7 Race and RAGBRAI
Two great Iowa traditions, one local and one statewide, met in Davenport on Saturday, July 25th, 2015.
- Bix Lives Here
The first Bix Beiderbecke Memorial Jazz Festival.
- Happy 106th Birthday, Bix!
‘Singing the Blues” by Trumbauer’s Orchestra
- A Double-Bix Weekend!
The Bix Beiderbecke Memorial Jazz Festival and Bix 7 Run.
- For Bix — Happy Birthday
Davenport Blues - Bix Beiderbecke & His Rhythm Jugglers
- A Genealogical Mystery: The Beiderbecke Family
- Pop Quiz! Can you name these Davenporters?
This young man could play the piano by ear at six years old. He went on to play another instrument, but never did learn to read music.
- A Genealogist’s Walk: Oakdale Memorial Gardens
Many members of the Beiderbecke family rest at Oakdale.
- Many Scores to Settle
In Special Collections, we have several catalogued scores, most of which have local connections, from Davenport by Alfred E. Petrow (1915) to piano arrangements for some of Bix Beiderbecke’s pieces.
- The Importance of Primary Resources
The only known newspaper interview with Bix Beiderbecke was published in the Davenport Democrat on February 10, 1929.
- A Place to Tap Your Feet – The Col Ballroom
History of The Coliseum, music venue.
- Dancing in the Yuletide Glow
Davenport Visiting Nurse Association’s Crystal Ball at Blackhawk Hotel’s elegant and popular Gold Room.